Need a kindergarten writing lesson or a first grade writing activity with a fun theme? These fairy tale sentence writing practice worksheets are fun no prep activities. They are perfect for writing lessons, writing centers, or writer’s workshop.
There are 35 fun worksheets featuring engaging clip art for students to color after they have written their sentences.
What is included:
There are 7 different types of sentence writing worksheet. View the preview to see them in closer detail. Each type of worksheet comes in 5 versions (different clip art).
- Fairy Tale Sentences – Read, trace, and write sentences.
- Create a Sentence – Choose a few pictures from the box and color them in. Next, write a sentence to match each picture.
- Write a Fairy Tale Sentence – Look at each picture and write a sentence to match.
- Fairy Tale Picture Match – Read, trace and write sentences. Cut out the pictures and glue them next to the correct sentence.
- Missing Fairy Tale Words – Cut out the words and glue them in the empty boxes next to the correct pictures. Trace and write the sentences.
- Finish the Sentence – Read the sentences, fill in the missing words, and write the sentences.
- Unscramble a Sentence – Look at the words and unscramble them. Write the words into a sentence that makes sense.
These worksheets are designed for kinder and 1st grade. They vary in difficulty, as some worksheets require tracing and copying, whereas others require making up sentences from scratch. This product is therefore great for differentiation!
Want this style of worksheets but with a different theme?
When/how to use Fairy Tale Sentence Writing Worksheets:
- Whole group writing or literacy lessons
- Small group work
- Writing centers, literacy centers, or writer’s workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Handwriting practice
- Morning work
- Early finishers
- Activity during a fairy tale unit
You may also be interested in: