This resource is a selection of 20 no prep sentence building (sentence scramble) worksheets designed for kindergarten and first grade. These sentence structure activities are ideal for literacy lessons or literacy centers.
Students simply cut, sort, and paste the words into a sentence, write the sentence, and color the picture. So, these are the perfect activity for independent work!
Students will work on a variety of skills, for example – sentence structure, handwriting, reading, writing, fine motor AND sight words.
- 5x CVC worksheets
- 5x blends worksheets
- 5x digraph worksheets
- 5x long vowel worksheets
There are lots of options, so you can choose which worksheets suit your students based on their reading and writing abilities.
These are phonics based activities, therefore they are perfect for the structured literacy classroom. If you’re looking to implement the science of reading into your classroom, then you’ll love these printables!
- It’s a time saver – simply print and go! NO PREP!
- It’s a bargain!
- It’s differentiated – it suits students at different levels (e.g CVC or long vowel)
- It’s versatile – students in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade could try this worksheet, depending on their capabilities
- It’s Common Core aligned
- It’s fun and engaging – student friendly pictures, full of wonderful clip art (which kids will love coloring in)!
- Whole group literacy, phonics, or spelling lessons
- Small group work (literacy centers)
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work