These no prep October writing prompts are perfect for Halloween, Columbus Day, Pumpkins, and World Teachers’ Day. These October printables are ideal for writing centers or writing lessons.
There are 10 prompts (narrative, informative, explanatory, opinion, and procedure).
Each prompt comes in dotted and plain lines. It’s no prep! You print and the students simply respond to the prompt and color the pictures. Each worksheet has a check box for remembering capital letters and punctuation, as well as a fun fact/date.
- All About Columbus Day (Columbus Day: October 12th)
- All About Pumpkins (National Pumpkin Day: October 26th)
- How to Decorate a Cake (National Cake Decorating Day: October 10th)
- How to Wash Your Hands (Global Handwashing Day: October 15th)
- I Love My Teacher (World Teachers’ Day: October 5th)
- How I Go To School (National Walk and Bike to School Day: October 2nd)
- The Best Animal (World Animal Day: October 4th)
- The Best Halloween Candy (National Candy Cane Day: October 30th)
- Haunted House (Halloween: October 31st)
- The Day I Couldn’t Stop Smiling (World Smile Day: October 2nd)
- Whole class explicit teaching
- Small Group work
- Literacy centers/writer’s workshop
- Independent practice
- Early Finishers