This resource is a selection of writing prompts for the month of November. There are 10 prompts (narrative, informative, explanatory, opinion, and procedure). November topics, holidays/celebrations, and national days are covered (e.g. Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Fall etc).
*NOTE – This activity has the digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
You can grab this product in my Monthly Writing Prompts BUNDLE for the year!
Each prompt comes in dotted and plain lines. It’s no prep! You print and the students simply respond to the prompt and color the pictures. Each worksheet has a check box for remembering capital letters and punctuation, as well as a fun fact/date.
- All About Veteran’s Day (Veteran’s Day: November 11th)
- All About Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving: November 26th)
- How to Recycle (National Recycling Day: November 15th)
- How to Make a Sandwich (National Sandwich Day: November 3rd)
- If I Ate Candy Everyday (National Candy Day: November 4th)
- Fall – see, hear, smell, taste, feel (Fall: November)
- The Best Sundae (National Sundae Day: November 11th)
- The Best Cake (National Cake Day: November 26th)
- A Special Pumpkin (Fall: November)
- An Act of Kindness (World Kindness Day: November 13th)
- Whole Class Explicit Teaching
- Small Group work
- Literacy Centers/Writer’s Workshop
- Independent Practise
- Early Finishers