This resource is a selection of December writing prompts for the season of Winter. There are 10 prompts (narrative, informative, explanatory, opinion, and procedure). December topics, holidays/celebrations, and national days are covered (e.g. Christmas Day, New Year’s, Winter etc).
You can grab this product in my Monthly Writing Prompts BUNDLE for the year!
Each prompt comes in dotted and plain lines. It’s no prep! You print and the students simply respond to the prompt and color the pictures. Each worksheet has a check box for remembering capital letters and punctuation, as well as a fun fact/date.
- All About Winter (Winter Solstice: December 21st)
- All About Christmas (Christmas Day: December 25th)
- How to Have Fun at New Year’s (New Year’s Eve: December 31st)
- How to Make a Gingerbread House (Gingerbread House Day: December 12th)
- Dear Santa (National Letter Writing Day: December 7th)
- The First Time I Tried a Candy Cane (National Candy Cane Day: December 26th)
- The Best Winter Activities (Winter: December)
- The Best Cupcake (National Cupcake Day: December 15th)
- A Talking Llama (National Llama Day: December 9th)
- The Biggest Cookie (National Cookie Day: December 4th)
- Whole class explicit teaching
- Small group work
- Literacy centers/writer’s workshop
- Independent practice
- Early finishers