These cute craftivities are a must-have this winter! These winter writing prompts and crafts are perfect for December, January, and February bulletin boards. These 30 crafts are ideal for art lessons, literacy centers, and writing lessons. Opinion, how to, recount, informative, and descriptive writing genres are featured.
Who wants to spend hours prepping intricate crafts, where you have to print, cut, and laminate? I bet you don’t want to buy costly materials or spend ages sourcing them in your classroom.
Well, these are NO PREP! Simply print these crafts and go.
It’s time to get your evenings and weekends back, my friend.
I bet you don’t want students begging for help at every turn.
“I’ve lost the eyes! Where does this piece go? I need helppp!”
Students often complete a few simple steps to create these crafts. Color, write, cut, and glue. There will be no tears (from you or your students)!
Who wants glitter, paper, and mess everywhere? Not you, I bet.
Well, only things like pencils, scissors, and glue are required for these crafts.
No paint and no glitter, I pinky promise!
This bundle includes 7 products, featuring 30 fun craftivities:
- Snowman – ‘I love Winter…’
- Ice Skate – ‘Things to do in Winter…’
- Polar Bear – ‘All About Polar Bears’
- Kids – ‘How To Dress For Winter’
- Cup – ‘How To Make Hot Cocoa’
- Penguin – ‘All About Penguins’
- Turkey – ‘On Christmas Day…’
- Penguins – ‘I love December…’
- Boy and Snowman – ‘The Best Snowman…’
- Xmas Kids – ‘On Christmas Eve…’
- Presents – ‘My Wish List’
- Candy – ‘At Christmas I eat…’
- Santa – ‘Dear Santa…’
- Gingerbread – ‘If I met a gingerbread man…’
- Tree & Elf – ‘How To Decorate The Tree’
- New Year’s – ‘My New Year’s Resolution…’
- Winter Clothes – ‘How to Stay Warm…’
- MLK Day – ‘Martin Luther King Jr.’
New Year’s Craftivities
- Girl – ‘On New Year’s Eve I…’
- Party Hat & Balloons – ‘The best way to party’
- Boy – ‘My goals for the new year’
- Heart, Cookie, Envelope – ‘Valentine’s Traditions’
- Groundhog – ‘Groundhog Day’
- Presidents – ‘President’s Day’
Valentine’s Day Craftivities
- Cupcakes – ‘Valentine’s Day’
- Girl & Boy With Heart – ‘I Show I Care By…’
- Moose & Frog – ‘I Know I’m Loved When…’
- Girl & Boy – ‘Dear Valentine’
- Bear – ‘How To Be Kind’
- Cupid – ‘I Really Love…’
Students simply write on the lines in order to complete the prompt. Then, they color the picture and cut around it. This can be glued onto colored paper (or attached as is) and mounted as a wall display. Alternatively, you can print the prompts in color and students don’t have to color the pictures. Simply print and go either way!
This resource is suitable for multiple year levels and great for differentiation as it has 3 different types of writing lines to choose from (4 dotted, 6 dotted, or 7 plain).
- Whole group literacy or writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy or writing centers)
- Writer’s Workshop or Daily 5
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
- Winter bulletin board or door decor
- Easy activity for a sub