These vowel teams decodable sentence building worksheets are designed for first grade and second grade. These 40 sentence scramble printables are SOR aligned and ideal for phonics lessons, literacy centers or morning work.
Students simply cut, sort, and paste the words into a sentence, write the sentence, and color the picture.
- ai – rain, sail, jail, mail, train
- ay – pray, play, tray, rays, pay
- ea – tea, leaf, eat, read, peaks
- ee – seeks, sleep, seeds, feed, need
- ie – pie, fries, tie, cries, flies
- oa – toast, loaf, road, coat, float, boat
- oe – Joe, toe, doe, tomatoes
- ue – rescue, argues, tissue, glue, clue
- ui – fruit, juice, bruise
I, a, the, and, has, are, he, she, in, is, it, to, on, my, you, see, like, will, with, this, here, his, him, her, for (most of which are easily decodable).
Other than that, these sentences are completely decodable with vowel teams and then some CVC words such as:
can, get, sun, dog, lot, big. hat, sit, red, box
There are a few digraphs, blends, and CVCe words too such as:
ship, long, must, drink, spots, hunt, time, smile
These printables are perfect for your structured literacy classroom!
Students will work on decoding, sentence structure, handwriting, writing, fine motor AND sight words.
- Whole group reading, phonics, or spelling lessons
- Small group work (literacy centers)
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work