These verb centers parts of speech activities are the perfect way for first grade or second grade students to learn about parts of speech. These activities for learning verbs are ideal for grammar lessons or literacy centers. 1st grade and 2nd grade students will love these engaging activities for sorting, reading, and recognizing regular and irregular verbs.
Verb Centers Included –
- Popsicle Verbs: Sorting regular verbs by tenses.
- Candy Jar Verbs: Sorting by verbs and other parts of speech.
- Gumball Verbs: Sorting past and present tense irregular verbs.
- Clip Card Verbs: Recognizing verbs (differentiating between verbs and nouns).
- Sort & Write Verbs: Sorting verbs by regular and irregular and then writing sentences with verbs.
- Find The Verbs: Reading sentences and finding verbs.
There are 6 centers. Each center comes in 3-6 colored pages (two of the centers also have an extra black and white worksheet). Each center also comes with a teacher instructions page and students instructions page. These show the centers in action. An answer key is included for the ‘find the verbs’ center.
Materials Required –
- This product looks best with color printing and when laminated and cut out.
- Pegs/clips are used for the ‘Clip Card Verbs’ activity. If you don’t have pegs, students can just circle the answer with a whiteboard marker or place a counter.
- Whiteboard markers could also be used to circle/underline nouns in the ‘Find The Verbs’ sentence activity.
- Two of the centers come with a black and white worksheet to record answers. The use of these is optional, as students can write answers on any paper or in any workbook.
Why are these centers so amazing –
- Once prepped, they can be used over and over for months and years to come!
- These centers are hands-on and engaging.
- Cute clip art and the sweet candy theme makes these activities enjoyable for students.
- Students will learn all about verbs!
- These centers can be used individually by students or in pairs.
- They are easy for students to complete alone.
- This product is good value and provides 6 different centers!
- Students aren’t just sorting, they are reading and writing too!
Check out my other Grammar products: