These procedure writing prompts are a must-have for teaching how to writing. These procedural writing prompts are no prep and perfect for 3rd grade writing lessons or writing centers.
This is no prep, simply print and go! Fun and seasonal topics are included (such as Christmas, Valentine’s, St. Patrick’s, Winter etc).
These how to writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 3 writing standard:
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
Introduce a topic and group related information together. Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details. Use linking words and phrases (e.g., also, another, and, more, but). Provide a concluding statement or section.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for fourth graders who are working below their grade level.
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer’s workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded with boxes or steps, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
‘First, Then, Next, Last’ Sentence Starters with Pictures of Steps
- How To Make – Apple Sauce, Hot Cocoa, PB&J, Cookies, Sundaes, & Blank Template
Pictures of Steps and 4 sections of lines
- How To Make – Lemonade, a Valentine. How to: Build a Snowman, Decorate a Tree, Wrap a Gift, & Blank Template
List of Materials and Numbered Steps
- How To: Brush Your Teeth, Throw a Party, Catch a Leprechaun, Order a Pizza, Grow a Flower, & Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- How To: Fly a Kite, Have Fun in Summer, Clean Your Room, Play at the Park, Read a Book, & Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- How To: Take Care of a Cat, Get Ready for School, Catch a Dragon, Trick or Treat, Play Soccer, & Blank Template
Take a look at my writing prompts for other grades: