Your students will love these color by sight words morning work bundle based on the Dolch pre-primer, primer, first grade and second grade sight words (high frequency vocabulary). These color by codes are perfect for literacy lessons or literacy centers.
23 different color by codes and matching answer keys.
Monster themed pre-primer words
- a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
Ocean themed primer words
- all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
Safari themed 1st grade words
- Lion – by, ask, as, an, after, again, any
- Monkey – know, him, how, has, just, his, her
- Elephant – let, live, of, may, old, once
- Parrot – give, going, every, open, could, fly, from
- Hat – stop, some, take, put, round, thank, over
- Tree – then, were, think, walk, when, them, had
Pirate themed second grade words
- Skull – upon, us, use, those, these, very
- Ship – made, its, found, green, gave, pull, why, goes, or
- Map – don’t, buy, call, fast, first, five, does, both
- Parrot – always, write, best, before, because, been, your
- Hat – cold, work, around, which, many, read, wash, wish
- Pirate – their, sing, tell, sleep, would, sit, off, right
Practicing sight words doesn’t have to be dull!
Why not have your students reading sight words in a fun way?
They’ll be so distracted by the cute clip art and coloring that they’ll forget they’re learning.
The other great thing about these worksheets is that they are no prep, simply print and go!
You deserve your evenings and weekends back, am I right?
- Whole group literacy, reading, phonics, or spelling lessons
- Small group work and literacy centers
- Independent sight word practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work