Are you looking for reading passages & literal comprehension for Kinder to 1st Grade? These 20 engaging worksheets are perfect for first grade or kindergarten guided reading or literacy centers.
Included in this resource is cute clip art for students to color and, best of all, this is no prep so you can print and go! These activities are perfect for struggling or reluctant readers. The passages are a manageable size and the coloring sections allow students something fun to do as a reward after reading!
There are 20 passages –
- 5 x narratives
- 5 x informational
- 5 x procedural (how to)
- 5x opinion
Answer keys are included!
When/how to use this reading passages & literal comprehension for Kinder to 1st Grade resource:
- Whole group reading lessons
- Small group work, guided reading, or literacy centers
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
Reasons to buy this AMAZING product:
- It’s a time saver – simply print and go!
- The brief passages are designed to support reluctant readers
- It’s versatile – students in kindergarten to second grade could try these worksheets, depending on their capabilities
- It’s engaging – with student friendly pictures, full of wonderful clip art (which kids will love coloring in)!
What Teachers are saying:
This product comes in a more challenging version, check it out:
Reading Passages and Literal Comprehension Questions for 2nd and 3rd Grade
Check out my other reading products: