Are you looking for 3rd grade or 2nd grade reading passages and literal comprehension questions? These 20 engaging worksheets are perfect for second grade or third grade guided reading or literacy centers.
There is cute clip art for students to color and, best of all, this is no prep so you can print and go! These activities are perfect for struggling or reluctant readers. The passages are a manageable size and the colouring sections allow students something fun to do as a reward after reading!
*NOTE – This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
There are 20 passages –
- 5 x narratives
- 5 x informational
- 5 x procedural (how to)
- 5x opinion
Answer keys are included!
- Whole group reading lessons
- Small group work, guided reading, or literacy centers
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
- It’s a time saver – simply print and go!
- The brief passages are designed to support reluctant readers
- It’s versatile – students in first through to third grade could try these worksheets, depending on their capabilities
- It’s engaging – with student friendly pictures, full of wonderful clip art (which kids will love coloring in)!