These opinion writing prompts for kindergarten are perfect for your writing lessons or literacy centers. There are 25 opinion writing worksheets, so that writing for the year is covered!
This 30 page kindergarten grade opinion writing resource is a must-have for teaching kindergarten opinion or persuasive writing. It is no prep and perfect for literacy or writing lessons or centers!
This product contains a year’s worth of student friendly worksheets which include seasonal topics (so that kindergarten students can have fun writing opinion pieces throughout the school year, e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)!
Click here to view the preview of these kindergarten opinion writing prompts.
Note: These worksheets can also be used for first graders who are working below their grade level.
30 pages of kindergarten opinion writing prompts (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
- The best animal
- The best insect
- The best Christmas treat
- The best Season
- The best Sport
- The best _______ (Blank Template)
- Do you prefer butterflies or ladybugs?
- Do you prefer Rain or Snow?
- Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
- Do you prefer Birthdays or Halloween?
- Do you prefer Easter or Christmas?
- Do you prefer_______? (Blank Template)
- Would you rather…be the teacher or the student?
- Would you rather…be strong or be able to fly?
- Would you rather…be a mermaid or a leprechaun?
- Would you rather…play basketball or soccer?
- Would you rather…be a dinosaur or a lion?
- Would you rather_______? (Blank Template)
- My Favorite Candy
- My Favorite Dessert
- My Favorite Junk Food
- My Favorite Fruit
- My Favorite Drink
- My Favorite_______(Blank Template)
- Which Is better…cats or dogs?
- Which Is better…reading or playing sport?
- Which Is better…sand or snow?
- Which Is better…spring or autumn?
- Which Is better…doughnuts or sundaes?
- Which Is better_______? (Blank Template)
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer’s Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work