These procedure writing prompts are a must-have for teaching how to writing. These procedural writing prompts are no prep and perfect for kindergarten writing lessons or writing centers.
This is no prep, simply print and go! Fun and seasonal topics are included (such as Christmas, Valentine’s, St. Patrick’s, Winter etc).
These how to writing worksheets are common core aligned to the kindergarten writing standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.K.2 – Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for first graders who are working below their grade level.
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer’s Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded with boxes or steps, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
Written Procedure (to be traced) with Pictures of Steps
- How To Make – Apple Sauce, Hot Cocoa, PB&J, Cookies, Sundaes, & Blank Template
‘First, Then, Next, Last’ Sentence Starters with Pictures of Steps
- How To Make – Lemonade, a Valentine. How to: Build a Snowman, Decorate a Tree, Wrap a Gift, & Blank Template
Numbered Steps & Draw a Picture
- How To: Brush Your Teeth, Throw a Party, Catch a Leprechaun, Order a Pizza, Grow a Flower, & Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- How To: Fly a Kite, Have Fun in Summer, Clean Your Room, Play at the Park, Read a Book, & Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- How To: Take Care of a Cat, Get Ready for School, Catch a Dragon, Trick or Treat, Play Soccer, & Blank Template
- Kindergarten Opinion Writing Prompts
- Kindergarten Narrative Writing Prompts
- Kindergarten Informational Writing Prompts