These fourth grade informational writing prompts are a must-have for teaching explanatory writing. These informative writing prompts are no prep and perfect for 4th grade information writing lessons or writing centers.
This is a year’s worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and seasonal topics (e.g. Earth Day, Spring, Winter, St. Patrick’s Day)!
These informational writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 4 writing standard:
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
Note: These worksheets can be used for fifth graders who are working below their grade level.
30 pages of informative writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
Everything I know about…
- The rainforest
- The human body
- Everything I know about_______ (Blank Template)
All I know about…
- Outer Space
- Earth Day
- The Ocean
- Flower Life Cycles
- All I Know About_______ (Blank Template)
Fun facts about…
- Fun facts about_______ (Blank Template)
What I have learned about…
- St. Patrick’s Day
- The desert
- What I have learned about_______ (Blank Template)
- The Zoo
- All about_______ (Blank Template)
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer’s Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work