These first grade narrative writing prompts and worksheets are perfect for writing lessons, writing centers, or writer’s workshop. Your 1st grade students will love these activities during literacy lessons. If you’re looking for a narrative writing lesson idea or narrative writing prompts, there are 30 pages of printables for you! These are for personal narratives and fictional narratives.
This 30 page first grade writing resource is a must-have for teaching narrative writing. If you want fun and engaging prompts for writing personal narratives, fictional stories, and recounts, then these writing prompts and worksheets are perfect for you!
This story writing resource has 25 prompts in 5 different worksheet styles, with 5 blank templates. This is no prep, simply print and go!
Click here to view the preview of these first grade narrative writing prompts.
Note: These worksheets can be used for Kindergarten students, depending on their capabilities.
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy or writing centers)
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded with boxes or steps, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
First, Then, Next, Last with Picture Boxes
- My Camping Trip, My Vacation, My Recess, My Day at the Beach, My Sick Day, Blank Template
3 Pictures Prompt
- Fairy Tale, Space Adventure, Hunt for Treasure, The Thief, The Little Frog, Blank Template
First, Then, Next, Last Writing Boxes
- If I Saw a Shark, If I Turned Into a Robot, If I Had a Pet Dinosaur, If I Were Royalty, If I Met a Troll, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- The Magic Castle, I Saw a Superhero, My Pirate Adventure, The Day I Turned Into a Mermaid, The Day I Met a Unicorn, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- My First Day of School, My Summer, My Ouch, My Birthday, My Trip to the Zoo, Blank Template
Enjoy this resource!