Science of Reading aligned! Do your first grade or second grade students need practice reading diphthongs? These reading activities are perfect for reading lessons or literacy lessons. These diphthong reading passages and activities contain comprehension questions as well as no prep printable worksheets for aw, au, ew, oo, oi, oy, ou, ow diphthong sounds.
Students read words, sentences, and passages with diphthongs.
- Read and Choose x8
Students look at pictures and circle the matching diphthong words. The bonus activity is to read from a word list.
- Read and Match x8
Students read sentences with diphthongs. They cut out pictures and match them to the correct sentences.
- Read and Answer x8
Students read passages. They highlight the diphthongs and answer the questions.
Answer keys are included.
- Whole class explicit teaching
- Small group work
- Literacy centers or guided reading
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- It’s a time saver and no prep – simply print and go!
- It’s a bargain!
- It’s versatile – students in many grade levels could try this worksheet, depending on their capabilities
- It’s engaging – student friendly pictures, full of wonderful clip art (which kids will love coloring in)!