Science of Reading aligned! Do your kindergarten or first grade students need practice reading digraphs and blends? These reading activities are perfect for reading lessons or literacy lessons. There are reading passages and comprehension questions, as well as no prep printable worksheets for sh, ch, th, wh digraphs & s, r, l blends.
Students read words, sentences, and passages.
- Read and Choose x7
Students look at pictures and circle the matching words. The bonus activity is to read from a word list.
- Read and Match x7
Students read sentences with digraphs or blends. They cut out pictures and match them to the correct sentences.
- Read and Answer x7
Students read passages. They highlight the digraphs or blends and answer the questions.
Answer keys are included.
- Whole class explicit teaching
- Small group work
- Literacy centers or guided reading
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- It’s a time saver and no prep – simply print and go!
- It’s a bargain!
- It’s versatile – students in many grade levels could try this worksheet, depending on their capabilities
- It’s engaging – student friendly pictures, full of wonderful clip art (which kids will love coloring in)!