These CVCe decodable sentence building worksheets are designed for kindergarten and first grade. These 40 long vowel sentence scramble printables are SOR aligned and ideal for phonics lessons, literacy centers or morning work.
Students simply cut, sort, and paste the words into a sentence, write the sentence, and color the picture.
- A – cape, wake, wave, date, bakes, cake, face, game, cage, sale, take
- I – bite, bike, time, line, hide, kite, wipe, ride, five, hive, like
- O – home, poke, cone, joke, rose, woke, note, bone, robe, pose
- U – cubes, fumes, mule, cute, huge, tubes, rude, tune, dune, mute
I, a, at, is, in, it, on, so, to, up, my, he, she, has, his, him, will, the, they, this, are, can, see, tell, what, look (most of which are easily decodable).
Other than that, these sentences are completely decodable with long vowels and then some CVC words such as:
not, sad, lot, fun, big, yum, bad, bus
These printables are perfect for your structured literacy classroom!
In addition to decoding, the students will work on sentence structure, handwriting, writing, fine motor control, and sight words at the same time.
- Whole group reading, phonics, or spelling lessons
- Small group work (literacy centers)
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work