These CVCe sentence scramble worksheets are designed for kindergarten and first grade. These 40 long vowel sentence building printables are SOR aligned and ideal for phonics lessons, literacy centers or morning work.
Students simply cut, sort, and paste the words into a sentence, write the sentence, and color the picture.
- A – cape, wake, wave, date, bakes, cake, face, game, cage, sale, take
- I – bite, bike, time, line, hide, kite, wipe, ride, five, hive, like
- O – home, poke, cone, joke, rose, woke, note, bone, robe, pose
- U – cubes, fumes, mule, cute, huge, tubes, rude, tune, dune, mute
I, a, at, is, in, it, on, so, to, up, my, he, she, has, his, him, will, the, they, this, are, can, see, tell, what, look (most of which are easily decodable).
Other than that, these sentences are completely decodable with long vowels and then some CVC words such as:
not, sad, lot, fun, big, yum, bad, bus
These printables are perfect for your structured literacy classroom!
Students will work on decoding, sentence structure, handwriting, writing, fine motor AND sight words.
- Whole group reading, phonics, or spelling lessons
- Small group work (literacy centers)
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work