These CVC centers are perfect as kindergarten literacy centers, first grade morning work, kindergarten intervention / small group work, and first grade phonics lessons!
These kindergarten and grade 1 centers are perfect for the structured literacy classroom or teachers who are looking to implement Science of Reading and a focus on phonics in their classroom.
- Puzzle Match (matching up pictures and CVC words)
- Build A Word (building or writing CVC words to match pictures)
- Choose A Word (choosing one of two words that match the picture)
There are 3 centers. Each center comes in 10, 12, or 21 colored pages. Each center also comes with a teacher instructions page and students instructions page which show the centers in action. Short a, e, i, o, and u words feature in all of the centers. There is an option to focus on beginning sounds, medial vowels, or ending sounds in the ‘Choose A Word’ center.
- This product looks best with color printing and when laminated and cut out.
- Pegs/clips are used for the ‘Choose A Word’ activity. If you don’t have pegs, students can just circle the answer with a whiteboard marker or place a counter.
- Magnetic letters are used for the ‘Build A Word’ center. If you don’t have letters, whiteboard markers could be used to write the words in the boxes.
- Once prepped, they can be used over and over for months and years to come!
- These centers are hands-on and engaging.
- Cute clip art makes these activities enjoyable for students.
- Students will learn all about beginning sounds, medial vowels, and ending sounds.
- These centers can be used individually by students or in pairs during centers.