Are you looking for engaging activities for writing a country research project? These worksheets are perfect for your literacy and social studies lessons about countries. The activities are offered as no prep printables, as well as in digital formats (TPT Easel and Google Slides). They are ideal for projects and report writing. They are also great for reading lessons with informational texts.
The activities are offered as no prep printables, as well as in digital format (Google Slides).
Here’s the thing. You want your students to research a country and write a report. But you also want your students to be engaged, am I right?
For that reason these activities are full of fun text boxes and clip art to ensure that your students aren’t just brainstorming on a boring piece of blank paper! Consequently, they will plan their report in a visually appealing way.
Yep, you read that right. This activity comes in TWO versions!
- Printable worksheets.
- Google Slides version.
There are 4 different graphic organizers, a mini book (All About Countries), and 3 lined writing pages.
Some of these are not in the Google Slides version (e.g. the mini book, which is better when hands-on).
- Students choose a country and then use informational books or internet searches to research facts about their country (e.g. native language, famous food, the flag etc).
- They can fill out one of the graphic organizers or complete the mini book (whichever you prefer).
- Finally, they can write a comprehensive report on a lined writing page (of your choice).
- Reading lessons (informational text read and respond)
- Writing lessons (writing an information report)
- Social studies/geography lessons (completing a research project).
Country research report worksheets and graphic organizers are suited to a range of grade levels, depending on student capabilities and which worksheets you use.