Your students will love these color by code worksheets for grammar / parts of speech. These no prep printables are ideal for literacy lessons or literacy centers. These activities would suit first grade, second grade, or third grade students.
Teaching grammar doesn’t have to be dull! These activities are a way for students to learn about parts of speech, but have so much fun coloring that they forget they’re learning!
Students read the words and color them using the keys provided (e.g. they might color verbs in blue). Students only need a selection of colored pencils/crayons for these activities and answer keys are also provided.
- Color by Noun (singular and plural people, places, and things)
- Color by Verb (helping, linking, action past/present/future)
- Color by Nouns and Verbs (helping, linking, action verbs, person/place/thing)
- Color by Adjectives (number, shape, size, color, age, opinion, and material)
- Color by Parts of Speech (verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, person/place/thing)
- Color by Parts of Speech (adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, past/present/future verbs, common/proper nouns)