Are you looking for a no prep and engaging way to teach ‘how to’ procedure writing? These back to school how to writing prompts are a must-have for your procedure writing lessons or back to school bulletin board. Ideal for the first day of school or as a first week of school activity. Your students will LOVE these writing prompts, so check out these procedural crafts for your literacy, writing, or art lessons this back to school season!
- How to get ready for school (school bag craft)
- How to go to school (school bus craft)
- These crafts are great for wall displays and bulletin boards in Fall and during Back to School.
- They suit literacy, writing, AND art lessons.
- The crafts are interactive and engaging. Teaching writing doesn’t have to be boring.
- They are perfect as a final writing piece at the end of your writing unit.
- The craftivities are great if you are stuck for back to school ideas.
- Got a sub for the day? Any teacher can handle these activities.
Who wants to spend hours prepping intricate crafts, where you have to print, cut, and laminate? I bet you don’t want to buy costly materials or spend ages sourcing them in your classroom.
Well, these are NO PREP! Simply print these flip books and go.
It’s time to get your evenings and weekends back, my friend.
I bet you don’t want students begging for help at every turn.
“I’ve lost the eyes! Where does this piece go? I need helppp!”
Students complete a few simple steps to create these crafts. Color, write, cut, and glue one piece. There will be no tears (from you or your students)!
Who wants glitter, paper, and mess everywhere? Not you, I bet.
Well, only pencils, scissors, and glue are required for these crafts. No paint and no glitter, I pinky promise!
- Planning pages are included (with dotted and plain lines).
- Instruction pages with pictures and steps are included for the crafts.
- There are two types of writing lines (dotted and plain) available for the crafts, so this activity is therefore suitable for a variety of students.
- Whole class explicit teaching
- Small group work
- Literacy centers/Writer’s workshop
- Independent practice
- Early finishers
What are you waiting for? Let’s get crafty!