This resource is a selection of writing prompts for the month of August. There are 10 prompts (narrative, informative, explanatory, opinion, and procedure). August topics, holidays/celebrations, and national days are covered (e.g. Back to School etc).
You can grab this product in my Monthly Writing Prompts BUNDLE for the year!
*NOTE – This activity has the digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
Each prompt comes in dotted and plain lines. It’s no prep! You print and the students simply respond to the prompt and color the pictures. Each worksheet has a check box for remembering capital letters and punctuation, as well as a fun fact/date.
- All About Cats (International Cat Day: August 8th)
- All About Dogs (National Dog Day: August 26th)
- How to Make Lemonade (National Lemonade Day: August 20th)
- How to Make Cookies (National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day – August 4th)
- How to Have Fun at the Beach (National Beach Day – August 30th)
- I’m Excited About Going Back to School (Back to School: August)
- My New Classroom (Back to School: August)
- The Best Summer (Summer: August)
- A Magical Book (National Book Lover’s Day: August 9th)
- The Tooth Fairy (National Tooth Fairy Day: August 22nd)
- Whole Class Explicit Teaching
- Small Group work
- Literacy Centers/Writer’s Workshop
- Independent Practice
- Early Finishers