Are you looking for engaging activities for writing an animal research report or animal research project? Look no further than our set of animal research report worksheets and graphic organizers. These no prep worksheets are perfect for your literacy and science lessons about animals and are also great for book report writing or reading lessons with informational texts.
The activities are offered as no prep printables, as well as in digital formats (Google Slides).
Here’s the thing. You want your students to research an animal and write a report. But you also want your students to be engaged, am I right?
Well these activities are full of fun text boxes and clip art to ensure that your students aren’t just brainstorming on a boring piece of blank paper! They will plan their report in a visually appealing way.
Yep, you read that right. This activity comes in TWO versions!
- Printable worksheets.
- Google Slides version.
There are 4 different graphic organizers, a mini book (All About Animals), and 3 lined writing pages.
Some of these are not in the Google Slides version (e.g. the mini book, which is better when hands-on).
- Students choose an animal and then use informational books or internet searches to research facts about their animal (e.g. habitat, diet, appearance etc).
- They can fill out one of the graphic organizers or complete the mini book (whichever you prefer).
- Finally, they can write a comprehensive report on a lined writing page (of your choice).
- Reading lessons (informational text read and respond)
- Writing lessons (writing an information report)
- Science lessons (completing a research project).
These worksheets are suited to a range of grade levels, depending on student capabilities and which worksheets you use.